Irie Asian Stir Fry - Featuring Münki Jamaican Jerk Cashews
We miss travelling. The sights, the smells, the buzz... but most of all - the food. During a particularly amazing trip to China, we came across the most flavourful, yet simple dish & had to try to recreate it. With a little fusion... this recipe comes pretty dang close.
Our Irie Asian Stir Fry is perfect as a healthy lunch, a simple side dish or a main meal (if added on top of quinoa or rice). Once the prep is done, this comes together in minutes. This recipe is so easy that it will be your new go-to when you want to impress without the stress!
- 1 bag Münki Jamaican Jerk Cashews
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 inch ginger piece, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 2 TBSP liquid aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- Optional: Green onion, red chili & sesame seeds (to make it look fancy)
- Slice celery into bite-sized pieces & lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit for 5 minutes. Pro Tip: This step makes a world of difference in this dish, so don't skip!
- Heat olive oil (medium heat) in a pan or wok.
- Bomb in the onions & celery (you should get some decent sizzle action here).
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally, then add in the ginger and garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Stir in Liquid Aminos (or tamari / soy) & cook for one more minute (see a pattern here).
- Finally, add the Jamaican Jerk Cashews (entire bag), stir to combine for 30 seconds and take off the heat immediately. This dish is better under cooked than over cooked. Gotta keep that crunch!
- Add to quinoa or rice for a complete stir fry, or eat straight up! Add those optional bits if you want to make it look & taste 100%. We won't judge.