Münki Espresso Mocha Tiramisu Cups (Vegan)
Espresso. Chocolate. Coconut Cream.
Do I have your attention now?
These Vegan Tiramisu Cups are the perfect treat for all you coffee lovers! Our Münki Espresso Mocha Walnuts are the star of this recipe and man..... they are addictive (and so easy to make)!
Makes 12 Cups
Crust (Bottom Layer)
- 1 Bag Münki Espresso Mocha Walnuts
- 7 Large Medjool Dates, pitted & soaked if needed
- Coconut Oil (to grease muffin tins) or liners
Filling (Middle Layer - Coconut Cream)
- 2 cups Cashews (soaked at least 3 hours)
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Filling (Top Layer - Espresso)
- Half of the Middle Layer Filling (from above)
- 1/3 cup Strong Espresso or Brewed Coffee
- 1 tsp Cacao or Cocoa Powder
- Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- Cacao Powder
- Cacao Nibs
Make the Crust (Bottom Layer)
- Prepare your muffin tins by greasing with a little coconut oil or cupcake liners.
- Pour the entire bag of Münki Espresso Mocha Walnuts in your food processor (pick out the chocolate covered espresso beans so you can use those to decorate later). Pulse a few times. Add the dates and continue to pulse until it begins to stick together like a cookie dough.
PRO TIP: If the dough is a little too crumbly & isn't sticking together, add a little water (1 tsp at a time) until it sticks. Not too much here!
- Separate dough into 12 sections (about 1 TBSP). Roll each section into a ball and pat down to make a small disc. Gently place each disc into your prepared muffin tin and place in the freezer.
Make the Filling (Top & Middle Layers)
- Drain and rinse the soaking cashews and put them in your high-powered blender with the maple syrup, coconut cream and vanilla extract. Blend on high until all the lumps are gone.
- Coconut Cream Layer: Pour HALF of the mixture on top of the Espresso Mocha bottom layers and pop back in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Espresso Layer: Add the brewed espresso into the remaining coconut cream mixture and blend it up. Pour on top of the Cream Layer.
- Place the Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans (from the Espresso Mocha Walnuts) and/or Cacao Nibs on top and dust with Cacao Powder (all optional).
- Pop back in the freezer.
- Now we wait... this will take around 3-4 hours to set.
When you are ready to devour these awesomely delicious tiramisu cups, pop them out of the tins and let them "defrost" for about 5-10 minutes.
NOTE: These are kinda like an ice cream cake - so they will melt. Store in the freezer and indulge as needed.
Enjoy & Evolve Your Tastebuds