Amazing Sweet Beet Vegan Cheesecake
Happy Valentine's Day! Still looking for the perfect gift to wow someone special today? Why not show your love with this elegant and simply delicious vegan cheesecake! This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients & is super simple to make - but this light & airy dessert will be the pièce de résistance on the table tonight. Bonus... you won't find any refined sugars or dairy in here, just good wholesome plant foods!
- Line the bottom of a 6-8" springform pan with parchment paper (this will make life easier when you remove the dessert later)
- Pour the entire bag of Sweet Beets Superfood Granola in your food processor and pulse a few times. Add the dates and continue to pulse until it begins to stick together like a cookie dough.
PRO TIP: If the dough is a little too crumbly & isn't sticking together, add a little water (1 tsp at a time) until it sticks. Not too much here!
- Grab a small handful of the mix and set aside, then press the remaining mix into the lined pan & place in the freezer.
- Drain and rinse the soaking cashews and put them in your high-powered blender with the maple syrup, water, coconut milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Blend on high until all the lumps are gone.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend on high for another 30 seconds and pour this layer on top of the crust and pop back in the freezer. This will take around 3-4 hours to set.