Amazing Sweet Beet Vegan Cheesecake
Happy Valentine's Day! Still looking for the perfect gift to wow someone special today? Why not show your love with this elegant and simply delicious vegan cheesecake! This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients & is super simple to make - but this light & airy dessert will be the pièce de résistance on the table tonight. Bonus... you won't find any refined sugars or dairy in here, just good wholesome plant foods!
Crust (Bottom Layer) & Balls (for decoration)
- 1 Bag Münki Sweet Beets Superfood Granola
- 10-12 Large Medjool Dates, pitted & soaked if needed
Cheesecake Filling (Top Layer)
- 3 cups Cashews (soaked at least 3 hours)
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk (full fat from a can - not the plant milk)
- 2 Lemons (zest and juice of both)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- Sweet Beet Balls
- Fresh Berries (Strawberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Raspberry)
- Shaved Dark Chocolate
- Whatever else you love on a cheesecake (be creative)
Make the Crust (Bottom Layer)
- Line the bottom of a 6-8" springform pan with parchment paper (this will make life easier when you remove the dessert later)
- Pour the entire bag of Sweet Beets Superfood Granola in your food processor and pulse a few times. Add the dates and continue to pulse until it begins to stick together like a cookie dough.
PRO TIP: If the dough is a little too crumbly & isn't sticking together, add a little water (1 tsp at a time) until it sticks. Not too much here!
- Grab a small handful of the mix and set aside, then press the remaining mix into the lined pan & place in the freezer.
Make the Filling (Top Layer)
- Drain and rinse the soaking cashews and put them in your high-powered blender with the maple syrup, water, coconut milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Blend on high until all the lumps are gone.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend on high for another 30 seconds and pour this layer on top of the crust and pop back in the freezer. This will take around 3-4 hours to set.
When you are ready to serve your masterpiece, take it out of the freezer and let it defrost for about 10 minutes BEFORE removing the springform tin.
Now it is time to decorate and devour!
For best slicing, allow the cheesecake to defrost for 15-20 minutes (should be ready once you are finished decorating). Run a sharp knife under hot water for 30 seconds and get slicing.
Store in the freezer and indulge as needed.
Enjoy & Evolve Your Tastebuds