No Cheese? Yes, Please! Jamaican Jerk Nachos
Get ready to evolve your tastebuds with this healthy, gooey, creamy... nacho cheese! Seriously tasty, easy-to make, and not a hint of dairy - this plant-based nacho cheese (100% vegan) will keep you coming back for more. To make this recipe even better - it is literally made with veggies - so you can smile knowing that you and your guests (or your kids) are getting their veggie game on with every dip!
Fun fact: You can also use this recipe to make mac n' cheese or homemade pizza. This sauce is awesome... awesome-sauce!
Makes around 6-8 Servings
What you'll need
- 1 bag Münki Jamaican Jerk Cashews, 3/4 for sauce & 1/4 to sprinkle on top
- 2 cups potatoes (approx 8 small potatoes), peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots (2-3 carrots), peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp liquid aminos or tamari
- Boil or steam the potatoes and carrots for about 10 minutes or until just tender (try not to over cook). Drain them and add them to a high-powered blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth. Depending on your blender this could be 1-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips & sliced up veggies (or for you fancy folks... crudités)
PRO TIP: Keep leftover sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week or freeze it (it freezes well)! To defrost, ransfer the frozen container to the fridge the night before & heat it in a saucepan over a low flame just before you serve it up. You can always add a splash of water or plant-milk to the saucepan to make it creamy, easy to stir and stop it from burning.
This sauce is addictive. Don't say we didn't warn you!
Enjoy & Evolve Your Tastebuds