Seasonal Brussel Sprout Salad
This plant-based seasonal recipe will help you elevate the mighty Brussel Sprout to its rightful place on the holiday table & make you look like a kitchen pro.
It’s easy to make, too... especially if you have a food processor with a shredding attachment. If you don’t have a fancy-schmancy machine - just thinly slice the Brussels & apples by hand.
- 1 lb (bag) Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Münki Bananarama Walnuts (nuts only - remove the bits of banana & eat those later), roughly chopped
- 1 Green Apple (Granny Smith will do nicely)
- Drizzle (to your taste) of Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing (we like Follow Your Heart)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado, chopped
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Smidge of Herbed Sea Salt & Pepper
- Prep & shred those sprouts! Cut off the tough ends of the Brussels, wash and remove outer leaves (if needed). Shred them all in a food processor using the shredding (grater) blade, pressing the sprouts against the blade with the plastic pusher thingamajig. If you don’t have a food processor, get slicing! Slice them as thinly as possible and when you think you’re done... give it a few more chops.
- Throw the shredded Brussels in a skillet (cast iron if you’ve got one) with the olive oil and garlic powder. Combine well & sautée on low heat for only as long as it takes to warm it up. The goal is not to cook them - just warm them & remove from heat.
- Prep & shred that apple: Core the apple & cut into wedges (they need to fit in the food processor chute). Shred it (same method as sprouts).
- Thrown the apples on top of the sprouts, drizzle on the honey mustard dressing, sea salt and pepper & and give it a quick stir.
- Transfer to a medium serving bowl, toss the shredded sprouts & apples with the cranberries & top with avocado and Münki Bananarama Walnuts!