Tropical Ginger Vegan Slice
Tropical Kale Superfood Granola and our favourite rhizome (ginger) are the stars of this mostly raw, vegan treat! This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients & is super simple to make - but this decadent vegan slice (kinda like if a caramel cheesecake & ice cream cake had a baby) will be one of those recipes you keep at the top of the list. Bonus... you won't find any refined sugars or dairy in here, just good wholesome plant foods!
Crust (Bottom Layer)
- 1 Bag Münki Tropical Kale Superfood Granola
- 10 Large Medjool Dates, pitted & soaked if needed
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
Filling (Top Layer)
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked at least 3 hours)
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted
Make the Crust (Bottom Layer)
- Line a 4x8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (this will make life easier when you remove from the pan - trust me).
- Pour the entire bag of Tropical Kale Superfood Granola in your food processor and pulse a few times. Add the rest of the CRUST ingredients (dates, coconut oil & ginger) and continue to pulse until it begins to stick together like a cookie dough.
PRO TIP: If the dough is a little too crumbly & isn't sticking together, add a little water (1 tsp at a time) until it sticks. Not too much here!
- Press this into the lined loaf pan & place in the freezer.
Make the Filling (Top Layer)
- Drain and rinse the soaking cashews and put them in your high-powered blender with the maple syrup, ginger and vanilla extract. Blend on high until all the lumps are gone.
- Add the coconut oil and blend on high for another 30 seconds and pour this layer on top of the bottom layer and pop back in the freezer. This will take around 3-4 hours to set.
When you are ready to devour this dessert, slice with a hot, wet knife and enjoy immediately! Remember... it's kinda like an ice cream cake - so it will melt. Store in the freezer and indulge as needed.
Enjoy & Evolve Your Tastebuds.